The Splendid Sampler Sew Along

Block 1 - Hearts Aflutter by Pat Sloan

This week I want to talk about this wonderful project created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson, two wonderful quilters!

Block 2 - Wings by Jane Davidson

I discovered this Sew Along following Pat Sloan's quilting classroom page on Facebook. I was immediately excited so I decided to give it a try. I'm doing my blocks SCRAPPY.

Block 3 - Lots of love by Melissa Corry
Block 5 - Simple Simon by Celine Perkins
It's a free Sew Along with a total of 100 blocks. Each week two blocks are released, one on Thursday and one on Sunday. It started on 14th February 2016.






Block 7 - Snug as a Bug by Amy Sinibaldi


This is truly a marvellous learning experience. I get to try a lot of new techniques, I discover new quilters I didn't know about, I'm inspired by what other quilters create and post on the dedicated Facebook page... it's amazing!!


Block 8 - Friends around the square by Julie Karasek
I love all the blocks. Right now the last released block is number 27, I've been running behind due to sewing quite a lot of gifts, but I don't mind. During summer I'll catch up! It's not a race, it's a wonderful journey!


Block 9 - Local quilt shop by Jane Davidson
I'm thrilled because we're basically building a huge encyclopedia! I could quilt with these blocks for the rest of my life and never be bored!

Block 10 - Iowa by Sherri McConnell

There is a lot of appliquè, embroidery, piecing... I'm thrilled! I only hope there will be an hexagon-based block because I love hexagons!

Block 11 - Crocheted Thoughts by Alyssa Thomas

All for now. Happy Sewing everyone!


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Some Sewing for Me!

Halloween is gone, Christmas is coming!

Can't believe I won!