Christmas LogCabin

I do know it's May and in my city is already summer because of the hot sunny weather (except tonight, thanks rain!) but I do love Christmas a lot and I like to prepare Christmas stuff the whole year around!
Plus, I feel less the heat thinking ahead of winter! :)

Right now I'm working on something for me, a decoration for my house. It's going to be a wall hanging quilt, haven't decided the final measurements but I'll decide that while I'll choose the borders but I already know where I want to hang it. I just need DH to accept it because it will require the temporary movement of a frame! 

I found this pic on Pinterest months ago and kept thinking about it because when I started quilting I learnt with logcabin, which by the way is always a fun block to do. It has endless possibility! Only creativity is our limit with logcabin! (Or a bad iron LOL) 
The only problem is that I have no clue where this pic comes from, I usually try to save every picture in a folder with the name of the blog or the website or the designer but unfortunaly this time I didn't. So sorry for not sharing credits, I apologize.


I apologize also for the bad quality of this and the following photos. I'm self-taught about photography and I spend much more time sewing than taking photos! But one of my goals is to get better at taking photos! Just... be patient!


I really love these three shades of greens. The green swirls are by Moda (I love Moda! I would buy every single fabric they produce!), the others two I'm not sure but I'll write it down when the project will be done. I like to keep track of the fabrics I use! The red is from a Christmas line, it has stars on it, it's the only Christmas themed fabric I'm using here.


I love how it's coming out. I enjoy a lot sewing this project! I think it would also be a great gift so who knows... I could make another one after this one as a gift! Haven't decided yet about the quilting but I think I'll go with machine quilting, I should be able to do it with my beloved Pfaff Hobby 309!

That's all for now!

:)





Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

My Spooky Spiderweb Wall Hanging Quilt

Some Sewing for Me!

A Kindle Cover